DDL has enhanced its testing capabilities for medical products such as luers, syringes, needles, catheters, guidewires, as well as packaging materials with the addition of a Keyence Image Dimension Measurement Machine.
The new Keyence machine combines an optical comparator, measuring microscope, optical coordinate measuring machine, profile measurement system, caliper and a micrometer into one. This new equipment will provide DDL with the following enhanced testing capabilities:
- Measurement of the outside diameter (OD) of catheters, guidewires and syringes with more precision.
- Measurement of the dimensional requirements of a syringe that complies to ISO 7886-1 in 3 quick steps.
- Measurement of the plunger depth in a syringe barrel with more accuracy.
- Measurement of the different dimensions of a needlepoint with one push of a button.
- Measurement of the holes or channels in a Tyvek/ poly pouch to check for failures.
- Measurement of the seal width of tensile specimens with more accuracy.
“The addition of the Keyence machine to our laboratory reflects our commitment to offering our customers the best testing experience possible,” said Tamera Presler, General Manager, DDL, Inc. “Having these enhanced testing capabilities will allow us to provide more accurate and efficient testing for our medical device and pharmaceutical customers.”
For more information on these tests, or to receive a quote, please contact us or call us at 800-229-4235.