There are a multitude of ASTM standards that govern the basic properties and performance of plastic films and sheeting. These standards account for everything from simple, single material films to multi-material, anisotropic constructions and help to characterize such properties as tensile strength, tearing resistance, and puncture energy. Our materials engineers have a breadth of experience that ensures accurate, consistent, and timely results that are backed by our 17025 compliance.
We offer testing services for many film test standards, including:
- ASTM D882; Tensile Properties of Thin Plastic Sheeting
- ASTM D1004; Tear Resistance (Graves Tear) of Plastic Film and Sheeting
- ASTM D1708; Tensile Properties of Plastics by Use of Microtensile Specimens
- ASTM D1709; Impact Resistance of Plastic Film by the Free-Falling Dart Method
- ASTM D1894; Static and Kinetic Coefficients of Friction of Plastic Film and Sheeting is the most common standard DDL tests to involving coefficient of friction
- ASTM D1922; Propagation Tear Resistance of Plastic Film and Thin Sheeting by Pendulum Method
- ASTM D1938; 08 Standard Test Method for Tear-Propagation Resistance (Trouser Tear) of Plastic Film and Thin Sheeting by a Single-Tear Method
- ASTM D3420; Pendulum Impact Resistance of Plastic Film
- ASTM D7192; Standard Test Method for High Speed Puncture Properties of Plastic Films Using Load and Displacement Sensors
- ASTM F1306; Slow Rate Penetration Resistance of Flexible Barrier Films and Laminates
Contact us for more information or to talk to an engineer.